Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 2010 Meal #14: Turkey Patties

Meal # 14 which was turkey patties is one of my lazy meals.  Yesterday I went grocery shopping for our next seven meals and after running around doing errands with a toddler, dinner will have to be something already prepared or something really easy to make.  Coincidently I had planned turkey patties for dinner on the day that I grocery shopped. 

This only took me 5-7 minutes to prepare and cooking was real easy since I have a George Foreman grill.  So all I had to do was use my ice cream scooper, scoop the mixture, plop onto the grill, and close the lid. How simpler could it get?  To those that don't have a George Foreman grill, I really suggest you get one for cooking/grilling not only for burgers but for any other kinds of meats and even veggies too.  I thank our old roommate for getting this contraption for us a few Christmases ago.  Also, by using the ground turkey there was no fat that dripped from cooking it on the Foreman grill. So that's a real plus for those of you looking into trying to control your cholesterol.

The recipe I used for the turkey patties is the same one I used for the meatloaf I made a few meals ago.  The only things I did different was doubling up the ingredients and omitting the ketchup.  I bought a 3 lb. tray of ground turkey so this particular meal is going to last us until at least lunch tomorrow.

TURKEY PATTIES:
Ingredients:
2 envelopes Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
3 lbs. ground turkey
1 1/2 cups plain dry bread crumbs
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups water
pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix all ingredients.  Form into patties and fry or grill til cooked through.


No comments:

Post a Comment