Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 2010 Meal #4: Bok Choy & Shrimp Stir Fry w/Noodles

Meal #4 is something I haven't made before which is Bok choy & shrimp stir fry w/fresh won ton noodles.  I have cooked with bok choy before but it was a pork stir fry.  I got the recipe idea from an online mommy community that I frequented where one of the moms asked what to cook with bok choy.  One of the suggestions was to make a shrimp stir fry, now why didn't I ever think of that? So simple and I DO love shrimp.  Going off that shared suggestion I decided to mix it up with some fresh yakisoba noodles but the Asian grocery store ran out and won ton noodles were the only option. 

After making this dish it came out really tasty and I got the two thumbs up from my hubby to make this dish another time.

BOK CHOY & SHRIMP STIR FRY W/NOODLES
Ingredients:
1 pkg. noodles, cooked (you can either use dry or fresh noodles)
1 bunch of bok choy, cleaned and chopped
1 lb. shrimp, shelled & deveined (i just used the smaller shrimp, but you can use any size and add as much as you want)
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1/2 onion, sliced
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
oil
oyster sauce
pepper

Directions:
Saute onions and garlic in oil.  Add shrimp and cook until no longer pink.  Add bok choy, tomatoes, oyster sauce (you may add as much oyster sauce to your taste), and stir until bok choy has rendered.  Add noodles and toss with mixture. Add pepper to taste.

I do have a picture of this dish but the quality isn't the greatest since it was taken with my phone camera. But you get the idea on how it should look like.



1 comment:

  1. This is soooo YUMMY! I think I'm gonna make again this week! Thanks for the awesome recipe

    ReplyDelete