Thursday, June 24, 2010

June 2010 Meal #10: Salmon/Tuna Tofu Patties

It's been awhile since I've made this dish and don't know why I don't do it more often since it's really easy to make.  The recipe I used for this meal is one similar to what my mom had used before, the only difference was adding panko (Japanese bread crumbs) to the mixture.  Don't know why I have never thought of adding panko before because when I used to make make these patties using my mother's recipe it would fall apart when frying.  I have to give a BIG thank you to "Big C' for sharing her recipe on a certain online community, I'll be using your recipe from now on ;o).

SALMON OR TUNA TOFU PATTIES
Ingredients:
2 cans salmon or tuna (I ended up using 3 cans of tuna)
2 blocks tofu, mashed
1/2 diced onion
some shredded carrots
some diced green onions
2 eggs
some Panko flakes (to hold everything together)
Salt and pepper

Directions:
Mix it all up, form into patties and pan fry in olive oil. 

The easiest way to form the patties which I learned from my brother is to use an ice cream scooper with the release thing.  Perfect amount for a patty, just scoop, drop into pan, and flatten patty with a spatula.  As a side note in the picture you will notice there are no green onions, I have a complex about onions being cooked a certain way so I omitted them from the mixture.  Nonetheless, these turned out great.


No comments:

Post a Comment