Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 2010 Meal #2: Baked Macaroni w/Meatballs

Meal #2 is something a little different from having the normal spaghetti meal, so I made a Baked Macaroni w/garden veggie spaghetti sauce, frozen Italian meatballs, and topped with cheddar cheese. It was my way to make it a little yummier for my two year old toddler and to hide the veggies. 

I had originally planned on making homemade mac n' cheese but my husband isn't too fond of it and after going grocery shopping I had found that the mozzarella cheese that I already had molded over. It's a good thing I had the jar of spaghetti sauce on hand.

BAKED MACARONI W/MEATBALLS
Ingredients:
3 cups cooked macaroni
1 jar spaghetti sauce (you may use one of your choice, I chose the garden veggies to sneak it into my toddler's meal)
1 pkg. Italian frozen meatballs (I used the Armour brand & it's a small bag, can't remember how many ounces)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Heat spaghetti sauce in large pot and add frozen meatballs, cover for 5 minutes.  Add the macaroni to sauce mixture and stir completely.  Transfer macaroni mixture into a 13x9 baking dish.  Top with shredded cheddar cheese.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and melted through.

Sorry no picture available.

No comments:

Post a Comment