Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 2010 Meal #1: Baked Beans w/Bacon & Hot Dogs

Now that I have some time I'll start posting the recipes for each meal along with a picture if I have it available.  I should let you all know that some of the meals that I prepare aren't by the book measurement wise.  I sometimes just add a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  So flavoring can be entirely up to you and how much of something you want to add extra of.

Meal #1 is one of my go to lazy meals which is baked beans w/bacon and hot dogs.  It's real simple to make and tastes great with some hot rice. 


BAKED BEANS W/BACON & HOT DOGS
Ingredients:
1 large can baked beans
1 pkg bacon, sliced
1 pkg hot dogs, sliced
1/2 onion, diced
brown sugar (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook bacon until browned. Drain fat.  Add diced onions cook until semi soft.  Add can baked beans and sliced hot dogs.  Stir completely.  You may add some brown sugar and the amount is entirely up to you.  Add salt and pepper to your taste. Let simmer for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.


Sorry for this meal I don't have a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment