Saturday, June 26, 2010

June 2010 Meal #12: Pork Guisantes

Meal #12 Pork Guisantes or Pork and Peas is a really easy Filipino dish, even easier the way I make it.  When I learned how to make it I'd use canned tomato sauce but after moving in with my boyfriend now husband he taught me an easier way to make this dish.  Who would have ever thought of using spaghetti sauce as the base sauce for this? Not me that's who!  This is how he learned it from his mom and it's actually easier and cheaper to use than cans and cans of tomato sauce.  It still turns out great and I make this every so often.

PORK GUISANTES
Ingredients:
2 lbs. chopped pork ie. pork belly, pork butt, or leaner meat if you prefer
1/2 onion, diced
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 cup pimientos, sliced or diced
3 cups frozen peas (I just use a small bag of frozen peas)
1 large can spaghetti sauce (I buy the cheapest brand w/garlic and herb seasoning)
oil
salt and pepper


Directions:
Brown pork and garlic in some oil.  Add onions till soft.  Add in pimientos, spaghetti sauce, and frozen peas.  Mix well and let simmer until peas are tender.  Add salt and pepper to taste. 

This only takes about 15-20 minutes to make, real simple.


2 comments:

  1. Never made this dish before and always wanted to. I like your recipe. So fast and easy and I will definitely make it now! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Mom taught me to put in pimentos. A lot of peoole put in bell peppers. 🤷‍♀️ I'll try it with spaghetti sauce, instead of tomato sauce. Mahalo! BTW, my mom is an Ancheta too. A lot of peoole with that last name. 🤙🤙🤙

    ReplyDelete