Friday, June 18, 2010

June 2010 Meal #7: Meatloaf w/Gravy

Meal #7 is a usual staple in our household which is good ol' meatloaf and gravy.  I used to just make my own mix but I couldn't ever get the right moistness for it until my visiting brother made it one night.  He actually just used the recipe on the back of the box of Lipton Onion Soup mix for the Souperior Meatloaf.  This came out really good and at the right moistness that I had been looking for.  For the gravy I just use the packaged just add water mix, I've never had luck making my own gravy from pan drippings. 

SOUPERIOR MEATLOAF
Ingredients:
1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix

2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup ketchup

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.  Shape into loaf in 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan.  Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.


Sorry I didn't take picture for this either.

No comments:

Post a Comment