Thursday, August 5, 2010

July 2010 Meal #16: Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole

I'm skipping over Meal #15: Chicken, Mushrooms, & Zucchini for now since it seems like we just had chicken a lil bit ago.  I'm hopping over to Meal #16: Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole since we've haven't had any type of fish/seafood for a while. 

My sister seen my menu list for July and wanted to try out this recipe first since I haven't made this particular dish yet.  It's a good thing that she did since she gave me a few suggestions on how to make it a little better.  So the recipe that I'm going to provide will be a revised version from the original that I found.  In the end this dish pretty much turned into a better version of Tuna Helper which I cooked all the time and was one of my lazy go to meals.

I'm trying to stay away from processed foods and cook meals more from scratch, so eliminating boxed dehydrated foods is my first step since I grew up learning how to cook those.  I've probably cooked every variety of Hamburger Helper, Tuna Helper, and Chicken Helper there is and I'm learning to break that habit.  Besides I like knowing what ingredients I'm putting into my child's meals and learning how to cook more meals from scratch.

The end result turned out well and it was better than Tuna Helper ;o)

EASY TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE
Ingredients:
16 oz. wide egg noodles, boiled
3 cans tuna, drained
3 cans cream of mushroom
2 cups milk
1 bag of frozen veggies (I used a bag of chopped broccoli)
Bread crumbs

Grease 13x9 baking pan and heat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients except bread crumbs.  Pour mixture into baking pan and sprinkle bread crumbs on top if mixture.  Bake for 1 hour or til nicely browned.

Real simple to make and got the approval to make this again.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment