Friday, August 27, 2010

August 2010 Meal #7: Baked Miso Salmon

Meal #7 which was Baked Miso Salmon would have turned out good if I had paid attention to the oven.  I don't have a picture of it since this didn't turn out so good.  The fish ended up being too dry since I nearly forgot I had it on broil for the last part of baking, but I'll still share the recipe and someone will have better luck with it. 

BAKED MISO BUTTERFISH/SALMON
Ingredients:
3 lbs. butterfish or salmon

Marinade:
1/3 cup miso
1/3 cup mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
2 tbsp sake
1/3 cup low-salt shoyu
1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 - 2 inches piece ginger, coarsely grated
3 stalks green onion, finely chopped

Combine marinade ingredients.  Add fish and marinade overnight.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Scrape excess marinade from fish.  Bake 20-30 minutes til baked through, then broil to brown top.

No comments:

Post a Comment