Friday, July 23, 2010

July 2010 Meal #9: Easy Party Lasagna

Since our kitchen faucet is semi out of commission I have to postpone Meal #8: Garlic Chicken for another time or at least until our faucet gets fixed.  That particular meal requires me to constantly wash my hands and I can't stand it if the chicken I prepare isn't cleaned thoroughly either.  I'm using frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs, so I HAVE to trim the fat and rip out the veins stuck in there....yah I'm OCD like that.

Anyway I just skipped over to Meal #9 that required less mess which was Easy Party Lasagna.  Got this recipe from my mom years ago who got it from some friend of hers.  Believe it or not, you don't even have to boil the noodles beforehand before you layer and bake it.  The meat sauce is what helps cook the noodles and when done, the noodles are nice and tender.  Here's the recipe below!

EASY PARTY LASAGNA
Ingredients:
Lasagna noodles
Hamburger or ground Italian Sausage
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can condense cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk

Directions:
Brown meat in garlic til brown. Drain fat and add onions till cooked.  Add spagetti sauce and mix thoroughly.  Set aside.  In a separate bowl mix 2 cups of cheese, can of soup, and milk.  Set aside.  Heat oven to 400 degrees.  In a 13x9 baking dish layer half of spaghetti mixture, noodles, all of the milk/cheese/soup mixture, noodles, and the rest of the meat sauce.  Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes.  Remove from oven and remove foil.  Layer with the remaining cheese and bake uncoverd for another 10 minutes or until bubbly.

Who said making lasagna had to be a long tedious process?  Hope you try this really easy lasagna!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this awesome recipe! So easy, fast, and ONO! My husband usually doesn't like lasagna but he got seconds with this one.

    ReplyDelete