Friday, July 23, 2010

July 2010 Meal #10: Teri Glazed Salmon

I wanted to try something new when preparing salmon.  You'd think with me living in the Great Northwest of Oregon I'd have plenty of salmon recipes, but I actually don't.  I think in the 10 years that I've lived here, I've only prepare salmon two different baked variations.  One style is always with onions, mushrooms, seasoning, and mayonaise and the only one time I tried something different was adding the Costco seafood dip spread as a topping and baked it.

So I looked through my many local Hawaii cookbooks and came across a very easy salmon recipe.  While I was preparing my July meal plan I for some reason put it down as "Miso Salmon" when in fact it was supposed to be "Teri Glazed Salmon".  So I made a little edit in the July 2010 Meal Plan post.  This turned out really good, but my husband wasn't too fond of the wasabi/mayo drizzle that the recipe called for.  It could just be that I added a bit too much wasabi to the mixture that turned his taste buds away.  Overall, we both liked it and I just may have to omit the wasabit mayo in the future.

TERI GLAZED SALMON
Ingredients:
2-3 lb. salmon filet, skin removed
1 jar nori furikake
1/2 cup Yoshida Sauce
Wasabi paste
Mayonaise

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In a baking dish lay salmon.   Pour Yoshida sauce evenly over salmon.  Sprinkle furikake liberally over salmon.  Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.  While salmon is baking, mix wasabi paste and mayo to your taste.  Wasabi taste should be mild (this is the part where I went a little overboard).  When salmon is done baking, drizzle wasabi/mayo over salmon.

I used a piping bag and tip to make it look a little fancy since my manual drizzling skills weren't really cutting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment