Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 2010 Meal #6: Teri Patties

I had gone grocery shopping the day I planned to make Meal #6: Teri Patties dinner so this was going to be something really easy to make or so I thought.  I had planned on using the NOH brand Hawaiian Teri Mix only to realize I only had one packet of it which looks like this.



One packet wasn't enough for the 3 lb. batch of hamburger I had bought so I figured I'd use some Yoshida sauce.  Of course I had forgotten I had used up the rest of it the week before for the Kal Bi I made for a 4th of July bbq. 

So what to do?  I have a plethora of cookbooks from Hawaii so one of them was bound to have a teriyaki sauce recipe.  All I needed to do was find a sauce and tweek it with some eggs and bread crumbs so the patties would become nice and moist.  So below is the recipe I used with a few tweeks.  I'm not adding a picture since after "grilling" it in my George Foreman grill it looks the same as the turkey patties I made a few weeks ago.

TERI PATTIES
Ingredients:
3 lbs. ground hamburger
3/4 cups shoyu
3 tbsp. water
3 tsp. sugar
3 clove garlic, minced
3 tsp ginger, grated
4 eggs
3/4 cups bread crumbs

Directions:
Mix all ingredients and let marinate for 1 hour.  Form into patties and grill or fry in skillet.

No comments:

Post a Comment