Friday, July 2, 2010

July 2010 Meal #1: Pork & Eggplant w/Black Bean Garlic Sauce

For meal #1 I had originally planned on making pork and squash only to realize that I had forgotten to buy the right cut of pork.  So I just ended up making a substitute before the vegetable got bad which was ground pork and eggplant with garlic black bean sauce.  I learned this from my husband and started cooking it every so often.  It's really easy to make and tastes really good over a bed of hot rice.  My husband gave me a break from cooking dinner last night and it turned out just as good when I make it.  I don't have an actual recipe for this so everything is all by "guesstimate" and I'll try to provide the general amount of ingredients to use.

PORK AND EGGPLANT W/BLACK BEAN GARLIC SAUCE
Ingredients:
3 lbs. ground pork
2 medium sized round eggplants, chopped
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
1/2 onion, diced
Black bean garlic paste
Garlic chili sauce (think the brand name is called Sambal)
water

Directions:
Break down ground pork and brown with garlic.  Drain fat. Add onions and cook til tender.  Add the black bean garlic paste and garlic chili sauce (I just add about 2 heaping spoonfuls of both.  You can add more of the chili sauce to your preference).  Add about a cup of water and eggplant.  Stir and cover.  Cook until eggplant is tender.  You can add more black bean paste if the taste is still a little to bland for you.

 I took a picture of it last night but I loaded it into a different computer.  I will have to update this post with the picture at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment