Saturday, November 6, 2010

September 2010 Meal #18: Pot Roast & Veggies Replaced By Beef Curry Stew

Meal #18 was supposed to be Pot Roast and Veggies that I wanted to cook in  the crockpot.  When I gathered my ingredients I realized I was missing some Lipton Onion Soup seasoning.  So at the last minute I decided to make a Beef Curry Stew.  This is actually something that my hubby admittedly makes better than me but after 10 years of watching him make it I figure I can make it just the same.  It actually turned out just as good as he makes it and it's super yummy and easy to make. Sorry again no picture to share.

BEEF CURRY
Ingredients:
2-3 lbs. chuck roast, cut into cubes
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 cup carrot, sliced
1 cup celery, chopped
1 1/2 cups potato, cubed
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 cup flour
1 large or 2 small pkgs. S&B curry sauce
shoyu
pepper
water

Directions:
Brown meat with flour, some shoyu, pepper, and some oil.  Add all veggies and cook til semi tender.  Add enough water according to the curry packaging. Break apart curry blocks and add to pot.  Stir until curry has been dissolved.  Let simmer till soup base has thickened and veggies are tender.  Serve over hot rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment