Saturday, November 6, 2010

September 2010 Meal #16: Shoyu/Sesame Ahi

I haven't eaten or made this particular meal in about 10 years, which means since I've moved away from home in Hawaii.  For Meal #16 I made Seared Ahi w/a Shoyu & Sesame Oil sauce and it turned out as good as it could get.  The only reason I say that is because since we live in Oregon we don't get fresh ahi like we would in Hawaii.  I have to settle for frozen ahi which can be a little pricey.  I found some decent ones at the grocery store that I frequent and it looked really pink for being frozen.  So I decided to experiment with that and made this dish.

SEARED AHI w/ SHOYU & SESAME OIL SAUCE
Ingredients:
2-4 lbs. ahi steaks
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
garlic salt
pepper
shoyu
sesame oil
oil for frying

Directions:
Heat oil in pan.  Season fish with pepper and garlic salt.  Sear on each side for 30 seconds.  Drain on paper towel.  Drizzle with shoyu and sesame oil.  Garnish with green onions.


No comments:

Post a Comment