Saturday, November 6, 2010

September 2010 Meal #14: Beef Broccoli

Meal #14 which was Beef Broccoli is really easy to make and in fact I don't know why I don't make this often.  Depending on my mood I make different variations of this with different kinds of sauces.  I sometimes use a packaged beef broccoli sauce or use some Yoshida sauce or make it from scratch.  This particular night though I ended up using a packaged sauce and I unfortunately can't remember what brand I used.  All I remember is that it required to be mixed with some water and shoyu in addition with adding the meat and veggies.  I don't have a picture to share this yummy creation but here is the recipe for what I made.

BEEF BROCCOLI
Ingredients:
2-3 lbs. steak, sliced
2-3 cups broccoli, cut into pieces
1/2 onion, sliced
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
2-3 cups white mushrooms, sliced
2 pkgs. beef broccoli sauce, prepare as directed
oil

Directions:
Brown steak with garlic in oil until meat is cooked.  Add onions and cook til soft.  Add broccoli and mushrooms and cook til semi soft.  Add sauce, stir and let simmer til veggies are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment