Thursday, September 2, 2010

August 2010 Meal #9: Chicken Alfredo w/Fettuccine Noodles

For August's Meal #9 I planned to make Chicken Alfredo with Homemade Gnocchi, but I was a bit lazy and tired that day to make gnocchi after a long day of running errands.  So instead I decided to just make the Alfredo with regular fettuccine noodles which my two year old had no problem with ;o).

I simply used a jarred Alfredo sauce, cut up chicken thighs, and fresh sliced mushrooms...a real simple dinner.  The sauce in particular that I used was the Bertolli Mushroom Alfredo, which is super yummy since I love mushrooms.  The jar looks like this and here's the easy recipe to go along with it.  I apologize that I don't have a picture to share since I forgot to take one that night.



CHICKEN ALFREDO
Ingredients:
3 lbs. chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
3 cups white mushrooms, sliced
2 jars of Bertolli Mushroom Alfredo sauce
1 box fettuccine noodles, cooked

Directions:
Brown chicken and garlic until chicken is done.  Add sauce and mushrooms.  Mix and let simmer til mushrooms are tender.  Add cooked noodles and toss. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment