Thursday, September 16, 2010

These Boots Were Made For Walking....

I finally found a pair of slouch style boots that actually fit the contours of my FLAT FEET!  Last fall I saw a pair of Steve Madden flat heeled knee high slouch boots but never got them.  I should have since they were on sale and the store still had a pair in my size.  I would normally see it as sign that something was meant just for me if it was the last one in my size, but I passed them up.  So since then I've been dwelling over that loss and with fall and winter approaching I was on a hunt for a pair of boots.

Last week I went to Ross just to get what I needed and I decided to stop into Famous Footwear next door just to "browse".  Yeah, that didn't happen since I found a pair of Madden Girl boots.  It was something I was looking for but this pair was a little different.  It actually had a 3-inch heel and buckles, something I wasn't really going for but I tried in on anyway.  What do you know, they fit really great!  I wanted a flat heel since my flat feet can no longer handle heels much anymore but this pair fit just right and didn't hug around my calves tightly.  I fell in LOVE! 

The store had a buy one, get one half off sale so I decided to get a pair of kicks my little one since there wasn't anything else that I liked.  The final damage was $85, pretty steep but I was super happy that I found boots.  I was so excited that I found the pair of boots that I was ready to blog about them until I searched them online to only find them CHEAPER elsewhere!  UGH!!!

I ended up finding the same exact pair the Madden Girl Partial online at DSW for $20 cheaper!  They had a Labor Day weekend sale and if I signed up for their free rewards program I'd get free shipping.  So what did I do?  I returned BOTH pairs of shoes back to Famous Footwear and I did ask if they did price matching and they said no, humph.  Then I ordered the cheaper pair online from DSW and waited just a week for them and now I'm happy as a clam. 

I wore them out today even it was a short trip to the grocery store ha ha, but they are so comfy and I really love them.  Here are what they look like alone, I have yet to take a pic with them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment