Thursday, October 14, 2010

September 2010 Meal #5: Chicken Masala & Roti Chapati

Wow it's been a LONG time since I've actually updated since I'm still on Meal #5: Chicken Masala & Roti Chapati.  I'll make this quick and simple and just post the recipe without too much extra commentary since there's lots to catch up on.

The Masala sauce I found at our local Costco so I really don't know if it's available at other locations as well.  It's pretty much a Indian curry sauce and they come in different kinds of varieties flavors and spices.  I bought I think a 32 oz. container and basically added chicken and vegetables and served over hot basmati rice.  I also got the Roti Chapati bread from Costco, it was the closest thing to naan bread that I found.  They were uncooked flattened dough that looked like tortillas, all I had to do was warm them up in a frying pan until it was cooked on both sides.  Used them to dip into the Masala sauce and it's slightly sweet taste accompanied the curry well.

CHICKEN MASALA
Ingredients:
3 lbs. boneless/skinless chicken thigh, cut up into pieces
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 cup onion, chopped
32 oz. Masala sauce
2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
1 small bag of frozen peas and diced carrots
oil
salt & pepper

Directions:
Brown chicken and garlic with some oil till cooked through.  Add onions and cook til soft.  Add Masala sauce, mushrooms, and frozen peas and carrots.  Mix thoroughly and let simmer.  Cook until frozen veggies are heated through and tender.  Serve over hot basmati rice or rice of your preference.



No comments:

Post a Comment