Saturday, October 16, 2010

September 2010 Meal #12: Shrimp Carbonara

One of my favorite things to eat is SEAFOOD!  I would rather eat seafood than a nice juicy steak.  So it was only fitting that I prepare a meal consisting of shrimp for Meal #12 which was Shrimp Carbonara.  I didn't exactly follow the recipe since it instructed you to blend of of the ingredients into a blender.  I didn't want to bust out the blender only to take it apart to clean it, yeah I know lazy me ;p

I forgot to take a picture of this since it was so YUMMY!  Maybe I'll remember next time as I want to add more seafood to it  like scallops, crab, and such.  Here is the recipe for you to try out.

SHRIMP CARBONARA
Ingredients:
2 lbs. 41/60 ct. shrimp, peeled and deveined
9 slices bacon, diced
1 tbsp. vegetable oil.
2 onion, diced
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
3 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. white pepper
1/2 cup peas
10 fresh basil leaves, julienned
1-8 oz. pkg. linguine, cooked

Directions:
Cook bacon and drain, reserving three tbsp. bacon fat in pan,  Saute onions and garlic until cooked, about 5 minutes.  Add heavy cream and simmer until reduced in half.  Add Parmesan cheese, salt and white pepper.  Blend together in a blender for 2 minutes or until pureed.  Cook linguine according to package directions.  In a hot saute pan, cook shrimp in vegetable oil for three minutes.  Add peas, blended carbonara sauce and basil.  Add linguine and toss until coated with sauce.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment