Friday, March 4, 2016

Instant Pot Pork Adobo


Made another favorite Filipino dish in the IP the other night called Pork Adobo. Which is pork simmered in vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic. It turned out so yummy! Yummier than when I cook it over the stove top. My own adapted recipe as follows:


INGREDIENTS:
3-4 lb. pork butt or shoulder cut into large cubes
1 cup soy sauce 
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1-2 tbsp minced garlic
3-4 bay leaves 
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp oregano (optional, hubby just likes to add this) 
Coconut oil or your preference

DIRECTIONS: 
Sauté pork with some oil for about 5 minutes. Add remainder of ingredients and mix. Cancel sauté and hit meat adjust time to 25 minutes. Be sure valve is at sealing. Let NPR for 10 minutes and then QR. Serve over hot rice. Enjoy!

**I failed to mention that since I did use a pork butt that was kinda fatty, there was lots of oil after it was done. I just used a slotted spoon to drain the fat upon eating. When I stored the leftovers overnight, I just scraped out the solidified fat in the morning and it was less oily.**

5 comments:

  1. Your blog for Instant pot Hawaiian local food is going to become very popular with Instant Pot about to break all Amazon records for being their biggest seller!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Everything that I've made in the IP is what I normally cook over the stovetop. My goal is to pretty much do what I normally do but to make it quick and simple :).

      Delete
  2. Keep posting local Hawaiian and Filipino dishes please. Love your recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was loving my instant pot, bragging to all about it. Making my dogs food was so easy! I put in the food and the water, pressed pressure cook and like magic it was just done when it beeped. Getting used to the pressurization wasn't hard at all. It wasn't really difficult to use. instapot

    ReplyDelete