Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot

Have you ever tried cooking a spaghetti squash? The standard way is to bake it in the oven or steam it in the microwave.  I only recently discovered spaghetti squash a few months ago and fell in love with it as a rice and noodle replacement. 

Since I had never cooked one before I had to look it up on Pinterest on the best way to do so. I found that the best way to yield longer "noodles" was to slice the squash into about 2-inch slices rather than cutting in half horizontally prior to baking.  Although this was a much better method, it was pretty scary to cut through the tough shell without cutting any fingertips off. Thankfully there were no casualties for myself. 

Now that I have an Instant Pot, I discovered that I could cook a spaghetti squash whole in it. SAY WHAT?! I just had to test it out and worked like a charm. The shell pretty much slid off like a glove. I'm totally now making my squash in the IP. The best part is not having to cut into the squash before hand. 

Here's the easiest recipe ever ;). 

SPAGHETTI SQUASH

Ingredients:
1 whole spaghetti squash (be sure to use one that will fit your pot insert)
1 cup water

Directions:
Add 1 cup water into instant pot. Place trivet into pot and add squash. Close kid, move valve to seal, and press manual button and adjust time to 15-20 minutes depending on size of squash. Do a quick release when done and check for doneness of squash. Cook few minutes longer if middle isn't cooked through. Peel shell, remove seeds, and shred squash. 






No comments:

Post a Comment