Saturday, January 2, 2016

Banana Mochi Bread

This type of banana bread has become s family favorite over the past few years. It's unlike your regular banana bread recipe since it calls for mochiko flour (sweet rice flour) and it turns out a little more dense because it has almost a mochi like consistency with a perfect amount of sweetness. I found this particular recipe a few years ago on Just a Pinch while Googling for a banana bread recipe. This one intrigued me because of the use of mochiko flour. I'm glad I chose it since it's become a favorite of my boys. So much that my oldest asks me to buy bananas with the intention of eating them but secretly doesn't just so I can make banana mochi bread. Depending on my mood I'll make a batch into loaves, in a cake pan, or as muffins. 
Here is the yummy recipe that I hope you'll enjoy!

BANANA MOCHI BREAD

Ingredients:
1 box (16 oz.) mochiko flour 
1 cup Bisquick
4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup oil
3 tsp vanilla extract 
5 eggs
3 cups very ripe, mashed bananas
1 cup walnuts or macadamia nuts, chopped. (I omit this everytime since certain little people don't like nuts)

Directions:

Combine first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Separately mix oil and vanilla and add to dry ingredients.  Add eggs and mix together until batter is well blended.  Stir in bananas and nuts.  Pour into 4 greased loaf pans (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches).  Let batter sit for about 5 minutes before putting it in the oven.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, do a toothpick test, if it comes out clean, it is done.  Remove from oven onto a wire rack to cool.

*To bake in a 9x13 baking pan, bake for 1 hour.  To bake into muffins, fill muffin tin with cupcake liners, fill tin 3/4 full, and bake for 20 minutes or till brown. Still do a toothpick test to check if it's done. 

1 comment: