Friday, August 6, 2010

July 2010 Meal #18: Sweet n Sour Pork Spareribs

Meal #18 which was Sweet n Sour Pork Spareribs is really easy to make and one of my go to meals if I can't think of anything else to make.  I got it from one of my many local cookbooks from Hawaii and this is pretty tasty.  I tend to use canned pineapple chunks since I'm not to fond of pineapple and I can pick it out easily.  Me being born and raised in Hawaii I don't like pineapple, pretty funny huh? Haha!

I just don't like the stringiness of it as do the same with oranges or other fruit in the likes.  I like the flavor of these fruits I just won't eat the fruit itself....weird I know.  Anyway below is the yummy recipe for me to share.

SWEET N SOUR PORK SPARERIBS
Ingredients:
5 lbs. pork spareribs

3 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shoyu
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 can (20 oz.)pineapple w/juice

Directions:
Cut up pork and brown with garlic. Add brown sugar, vinegar, shoyu, and pineapple. Simmer on medium til done. Make cornstarch paste if you want gravy to be thicker (I usually don't).

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. this is my favorite meal EVER. i think i'm gonna attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's real easy to make and oh so ONO! Kass has already tried this too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Born n raised on Kauai surrounded by 20 acres of pineapples you gotta love it. Moved to Louisiana at age 35. I laughed so hard the very first time I had to buy a ugly green pineapple from the grocery store. They thought i was crazy. My dad had a good laugh about it when i called home and told him.

    ReplyDelete