Thursday, August 5, 2010

July 2010 Meal #17: Chili

For Meal #17 I chose to make Chili for dinner.  I actually have two types of chili that I make which is my lazy chili and one that I make from scratch.  The chili that I decided to make was my lazy chili that only takes about 15-20 minutes cooking time. 

I used a packaged chili seasoning and I prefer to use McCormick's Original Chili seasoning mix that looks like the picture below.  I will eventually decide to make my chili from scratch and don't worry I'll be sure to share the recipe.  For now here's my lazy version.



CHILI
Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground hamburger
1/2 onion, diced
2 tbsp garlic, minced
2 pkgs. McCormick's Chili seasoning
4 small cans tomato sauce
2 cans red kidney beans (I use only 1 can since my hubby prefers less means more meat)
2 pkgs. hot dogs, sliced
1 stick Portuguese sausages, diced

Directions:
Brown hamburger with garlic.  Drain fat.  Add onions and cook till tender.  Add remaining ingredients and stir.  Let simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Here's a not so good picture of it since I was kind of lazy to get the better camera, so it was instead taken from my phone camera.







No comments:

Post a Comment