Thursday, December 8, 2016

Instant Pot: Chicken Papaya

We've been experiencing 35*+ weather lately. Even got some snow today and expecting freezing rain overnight. Made chicken papaya for dinner last night and it was such comfort food for this weather. 

Instant Pot: Chicken Papaya

Ingredients:
3 lbs defrosted chicken wings
1 large green papaya, peeled, seeds removed, and cut into 1-2 inch cubes
2 medium chopped tomatoes 
1/2 onions sliced
1-2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp patis, more can be added to taste
2 cups water
Shoyu to taste
Black pepper
Coconut oil

Directions:
Hit sauté. Add some coconut oil, onions, and garlic and cook 1-2 min. Add tomatoes and store 1-2 min. Add chicken wings, water, and patis. Stir. Close lid and move valve to sealing. Cancel sauté and hit chicken option. Adjust time to 5 minutes. Let NPR for 10 minutes and then QPR. Add papaya and stir. Reclose lid and change valve to sealing. Cancel keep warm and hit soup option. Adjust time to 2 minutes. Let NPR 10 min and then QPR. Add black pepper, shoyu, and more patis to taste. Enjoy!

**I wasn't sure about cooking the papaya at the time time with the chicken for fear of turning it into mush. After I did the second round of cooking I kind of overlooked the wings and the papaya was perfect but still al dente. I could very well cooked everything all at once for 5 minutes and it would've turned out fine. I have one more green papaya left, maybe I'll make another batch of soup to test that theory 😝.




1 comment:

  1. I tried the manual time for 5 minutes for all the ingredients with NPR for 10 minutes than QR. I didn't use the traditional long rice but shirataki noodles (for carb control). I added it separately. Turned out great. Thank you. ~Bridget, A filipina from Kauai!

    ReplyDelete